Having your nails done professionally can get extremely expensive, especially if you are like most women and love to have fresh nails. Most women need to have them done bi-weekly, typically $40 per session, which will become $80 a month! I recently have become obsessed with nail art as well as the basic fundamentals for nail care so I have compiled a tiny step-by-step guide as to how you can achieve your own at home manicure.
1. File your nails into the desired shape.
2. Apply cuticle remover, wait (or soak nails with cuticle remover in water), then push cuticles back with manicure stick.
3. Use cuticle nipper–but only if absolutely necessary.
4.Clean under nails with manicure stick
5. Clean the nail plate with a brush dipped in nail polish remover or primer.
6. Apply base coat over your whole nail, then seal it by running your brush along the tip. This will prolong your polish.
7. Take your bottle of nail polish, dip the brush, and then wipe one side, fanning out the bristles. Next, lightly tap the other side of the brush on the top of the bottle.
8. Seal the tip of the nail
9. To paint the nail, place the brush a few millimeters away from your cuticle. Push toward the cuticle, then pull towards the tip of the nail. Try to do it in three strokes if possible.
10. Use a brush dipped in remover to carefully clean up your cuticles.
11. Finish with top coat, once again sealing the tips. Apply fast drying drops if desired.